The Smart Harness system is suitable for use in a wide spectrum of vehicles ranging from military, mining and public transport vehicles to industrial and earthmoving equipment. It provides a simplistic harness which is compact, easy to install and maintain, while harness design changes could be implemented with system’s built-in diagnostic capability and standardized components for all vehicle type Having worked with a number of customers on several Smart harness programs. KPIT’s unique smart harness solutions are built on a holistic approach and can be applied to a large spectrum of product lines.
Smart harness Benefits:
- Fuse boxes can be eliminated
- The electronic fuses can be reset
- Timer relays are not necessary
- Short circuit and over temperature protection of the unit, loads and wiring.
- Ease of installation, maintenance and expansion
- Standardized harness components
- Customizable vehicle body control functions
- Harness compatible to all vehicle types
- CAN port i.e. interfacing to CAN bus J1939 protocol
- PC-based configuration software
- Configurable current limits per ECM output
- Improved safety by real-time fault reporting