Over-the-Air (OTA) Solutions
- Imagine this scenario- Every time a new and enhanced software version is available for my Smartphone, I
would be required to visit my phone service centre, to have my phone updated to the latest version.
Sounds archaic? Surely does.
To be deployed in 100 M vehicles over next 10 years
Beyond Traditional Diagnostics
- We are fast approaching a state akin to the Smartphone industry, when it comes to our vehicles. Modern
day automotive manufacturers are increasingly making a shift to OTA (Over the Air) Updates, in order to
fix, maintain and improve vehicles through remote software updates downloaded to the vehicle from a
Highly data driven architecture
- This trend will only gain acceleration as the drive towards Autonomous driving moves into top-gear.
Portable across multiple OS
- KPIT has developed an OTA strategy and a solution to specifically address this emerging market trend.
Basis its rich experience in Automotive Diagnostics and Telematics, the OTA solution from KPIT can already
be seen in action in numerous applications across industry segments.
Supports gateway with H/W & S/W resource constraints
- KPIT’s OTA solution primarily focuses on establishing a highly secure and a seamless software update
process, enabling a vehicle to receive the required update packages. The software update packages are
retrieved from the OEM’s servers, in accordance to specificity for a said ECU within the vehicle. A secure
connection basis the protocol TLS 1.2 is established between the vehicle and the OEM OTA server, over a
Supports standard protocols (USD on CAN/IP)
- With a footprint of close to 80-90 ECU’s in today’s automotive, and a multitude of trouble codes (often
ambiguous), questions are being raised around the ability and effectiveness of traditional Diagnostic tools
to accurately diagnose and detect the underlying cause of a given problem/defect
50% faster problem diagnosis
Increasing Diagnostic Data Authoring Efficiencies
- As add-ons, the sustained buzz and drive for electrification and autonomy of vehicles, coupled with
modern engineering approaches such as feature-based architectures, virtual ECUs, etc. are lending an
extra layer of complexity to the already complex diagnostics mix.
Improves technician productivity by 60%
- The pain-points and the business ramifications are obvious – High warranty costs based on No Fault Found
(NFF) instances, Lower Fixed-First-Visit (FFV) rates, Lower technician productivity, High vehicle downtimes,
and a cumulative negative bearing on customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty – With ‘misdiagnosis’ or
the ‘lack of diagnosis’ clearly being the primary culprit.
Addresses NFF & FFV challenges
- A viable solution in sight, is to reduce the reliance on a technician’s decisions and to introduce the concept
of intelligent, guided and pin-pointed diagnostics
- KPIT’s Intelligent and Network based diagnostics solution (Trace2Fix) is an advanced diagnostics platform
with proven effectiveness to disambiguate, diagnose with pin-point accuracy, and enable guided &
optimum troubleshooting based on Artificial Intelligence (supervised learning), which sits at the heart of
- The push for diagnostic data standardization, shifting of OEM focus on core business areas, and the
ever-growing system complexity has altered the dynamics of automotive diagnostics, over the past two
50% Improvement in Authoring efficiency/Vehicle platform
Verification And Validation Coverage For Autonomous Vehicle WITH YOU in the autonomous feature development Strategic Software partner for L4/L5 Autonomous Driving Vehicle diagnostics post with info 3 Vehicle diagnostics post with info 2 Vehicle diagnostics post with info
- This drift, favoring the use of non-proprietary standards (ASAM specified ODX) for diagnostic development
has clearly yielded efficiency gains and enhanced synergies between the OEMs and their suppliers. However, the gains realized from the standardization drive do come with its own set of complexities
100% data redundancy avoidance
- Today, as OEMs juggle between legacy and industry standards based diagnostic solutions, their system
engineers face an extensive learning curve in coming to terms with the nuances of multiple standards, and
coming up with holistic diagnostic designs.
Supports ODX 2.2.0 specs in native format
- This situation calls for a ‘ready to use’ solution, which doesn’t warrant an extensive understanding of
standards, and instead enables the users to focus on and leverage their core domain know-how, i.e.
Enables simultaneous authoring
- KPIT’s Diagnostic Data Authoring Tool (K-DCP ECU Editor 2.0) is an authoring environment for diagnostic
applications based on ASAM/ISO standard, and enables authoring of guided diagnostic functions.The easy to use authoring environment helps domain experts to author high quality diagnostic data,
without having to learn and acquire standards know-how.