Recognitions and Thought Leadership
- Ms. Vaishali Vaid, VP & Head- Global HR, KPIT has been conferred with two prestigious awards for excellence in leadership. Vaishali was recognised with the 'Most influential HR leaders in India' award by the World HRD Congress and Women Leadership Achievement award at the 4th World Women Leadership Congress & Award (WWLCA).
- KPIT was selected by one of the global Tier1s in the infotainment space because of KPIT's differentiated offering and technology solutions
- For an engagement in the area of smart asset performance management, KPIT was selected as a partner by a leading global manufacturer
- A global Automotive Tier1 chose KPIT for an engagement in the area of ALM and AMS
- KPIT was chosen by one of the leading automotive manufacturers for an engagement in the Vehicle Systems area
- A global Tier1 has partnered with KPIT for its 4.2.X product and integration services. This is an acknowledgement of KPIT’s AUTOSAR capability
- An Asia based leading manufacturer selected KPIT for a SuccessFactors implementation project
- A leading US Based manufacturer selected KPIT for EBS implementation project
- A global Oil & Gas Equipment & Services company chose KPIT for an Oracle EBS implementation project
Our $ revenue for the quarter stood at $ 128.3 Million, a Q-o-Q growth of 4.4% and Y-o-Y growth of 3.3%. In Rs. terms revenue grew by 3.3% Q-o-Q and 2.1% Y-o-Y to Rs. 8,584.63 Million.
Amongst SBUs, the highest Q-o-Q growth was registered by PES SBU with 15.7% Q-o-Q growth which included around $ 4+ Million from MicoFuzzy. Excluding MicroFuzzy, PES SBU showed a healthy Q-o-Q growth of 5.5%. P&P SBU grew by 11.5% and SAP SBU grew by 1.4%. IES and DT SBU declined by 2.3% and 5.9% respectively. On an annual basis for FY17 over FY16 the Y-o-Y growth was 4.6% in PES SBU, 10.2% in P&P SBU, 2.5% in SAP SBU and 2.3% in DT SBU. IES SBU declined by 5.7% during the year.
Amongst geographies, Europe was the highest growing geography with 21.3% Q-o-Q growth while APAC and US grew by 5.1% and 0.8% respectively. On an annual basis for FY17 over FY16, APAC region grew by 14.6% while US and Europe declined by 0.1% and 6.1% respectively.
In terms of industry verticals, the Q-o-Q growth in automotive & transportation vertical was 8.4% and Energy & Utilities grew by 3.6%. There was a decline of 3.6% in manufacturing vertical. On an annual basis for FY17 over FY16 there was a Y-o-Y growth of 9.8% in Automotive & Transportation. However, Manufacturing and Energy & Utilities verticals declined by 0.3% and 24.4% respectively.
On a Q-o-Q basis our top customer grew by 2% while the revenue for Top 2-10 customers grew by 13.3%. During the year FY17, the top customer declined by 8.9% on a Y-o-Y basis while the revenue for Top 2-10 customers increased by 5.9%, mainly led by growth in revenues from Auto Customers.
*All the revenue growth numbers mentioned under revenue update are in equivalent $ terms.
The realized rate for the quarter was Rs. 66.91/$ against Rs. 67.6/$ in Q3FY17.
The Operating Profit Margin for Q4FY17 was 10.14% as compared to 10.18% for Q3FY17. The exchange range impact was a negative 40 bps during the quarter. Since this was the first quarter for consolidation of MicroFuzzy, there were additional integration related expenses in MicroFuzzy as well as in KPIT and hence the overall profitability on the consolidated MicroFuzzy revenues was lower. We expect this profitability to significantly improve from the current levels in the coming quarters. The increase in other expenses during the quarter was mainly because of increase in travelling expenses, including those on MicroFuzzy integration and increase in professional fees paid to subcontractors.
The Net addition during the quarter was 229, out of which around 110 MicroFuzzy employees were welcomed to the KPIT family during the quarter.